Academy of Art University is pleased to announce the 2020 International Distance Learning Scholarship, which offers a limited number of awards to financially assist prospective online international students that are seeking either an Undergraduate or Graduate degree. International students who need to build their art and design portfolio or improve their career options should take advantage of this amazing scholarship opportunity. For a complete list of eligibility requirements, please read here
- The STEAM Program Scholarship will support students who wish to pursue careers at the intersection of technology and art. The STEAM Program Scholarship is designed to encourage and develop future Domestic students seeking careers in science, technology, engineering, art and math.
- Applicable only to students starting Fall 2018.
- A limited number of scholarships, ranging up to $6,000, are available.
- The scholarship amount awarded will be disbursed throughout the student’s academic year, divided equally between 3 semesters as applicable.
- Student may use the STEAM Program Scholarship on top of other grants or scholarships that may be awarded.
- Recipients are responsible for application and enrollment fees. Any other costs or fees are the recipient’s responsibility.
- This scholarship is for the recipient only and not redeemable for cash. It may only be applied toward tuition expenses.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- For Academy of Art University STEAM Program Scholarship, applicant must complete and submit the STEAM Scholarship application as well as an original short essay before the first day of class.
Applicants’ essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: originality, composition, clarity, and relevance to the topic. Essays judged outstanding will be awarded. Recipients will be notified by the Admissions department prior to beginning their degree program, provided the eligibility requirements are met.
- Applicants must have conducted a formal interview with their Admissions representative.
- Applicants must apply and meet all eligibility requirements based on the dates defined by the program
- The STEAM Program Scholarship is open to all degree programs at the Academy
- Applicants must have met the entrance requirements for the desired Academy of Art University campus degree program.
- Applicants must be enrolled for the relevant semester
- Applicants must be Undergraduate degree-seeking (AA, AA2, BA, BA2, BS, BS2, BFA, BFA2 and BARCH). Personal Enrichment students, Online Award of Completion students, and students earning a Certificate are not eligible for this grant.
- A change of degree program, interruption of training, or withdrawal may result in cancellation of scholarship award and disbursement. Student understands that a change of student status may impact eligibility.
- Applicants who delay their start date may forfeit eligibility.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen or an eligible Non-Citizen.
For the STEAM Program Scholarship, the proposed minimum eligibility requirements include:
- The online student must still be enrolled in at least 2 classes for Fall 2018 semester (6 units) by Saturday, September 15, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 6 units completed
- The on-site and hybrid student must still be enrolled in at least 4 classes for Fall 2018 semester (12 units) by Saturday, September 15, 2018, and must successfully earn a term GPA of 2.0 or greater with a minimum of 12 units completed
- The student must still be enrolled in at least 6 units for the subsequent Spring and Summer 2019 semesters by the published semester registration deadline
All submissions of student portfolio work is subject to the use of publication and marketing based on the discretion of Academy of Art University.